Contact Us

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Student R*ped By Soldier For 5 Hours Narrates Ordeal

The evil deeds of security men attached to Oyo State
government's Operation Burst has been found out as a
23-year-old girl revealed how she was defiled by one of
them.

The Ordinary National Diploma (OND) student of Mass Communication Department, Ibarapa Polytechnic, yesterday, narrated how she was r*ped under a tree by one of the security men around 10.30 pm on August 29 this year while she was returning after seeing off a friend in Eruwa, Oyo State.

According to the victim, she was r*ped repeatedly for five
hours before she was let off the hook by the soldier, who
allegedly ordered her to climb the motorcycle while
threatening to stab her with a knife.

"It happened on Friday, August 29, 2014. I was coming
back to my room after seeing off a friend. He accused me
of being a cultist for moving about around that time, but I
denied it. He then ordered me to climb his motorcycle,
but I pleaded with him that he should let me go.

"He removed a knife and said that he would stab me if I
refused to obey him. So scared, I climbed the Okada and
he took me to the Operation Burst office in Eruwa.

"When we got there, he forcefully led me to a dark area
under a tree and ordered me to remove my dress to
enable him see if I had tattoos on my body.

"I told him I did not have tattoos and that he should let
me go. He then removed the knife again and said that he
would slaughter me like a ram if I failed to 'cooperate'
and that I would be buried like many other girls who had
failed to cooperate in the past, and nobody would trace
my death to him.

"Sensing danger, I removed my clothes. He ordered me
to lie down under the tree and had s*x with me several
times while I was crying.

"He defiled me till 3.30 am and I complained of catching
cold. He entered into the office and brought out a bottle
of beer. He gave it to me to hold for him.

"Later he said he was going to bring a blanket for me to
cover my body. I waited for about 30 minutes, but when
he did not return, I dressed up and ran away."

The victim's counsel, Mr. Adeosun, confirmed her story,
saying: "In the morning of Saturday, August 30, 2014, the
victim called her parents on the telephone and told them
what happened. It was the parents that came to brief our
office. We thereafter advised that the victim should
report to the Police Station at Eruwa, which she did."

When the matter was reported to the security outfit, the
girl identified the defiler among other security operatives
paraded before her.

To worsen her ordeal, the Eruwa General Hospital where
she went for test was not really helpful as the result was
said to be negative after the doctor allegedly failed to
carry out necessary tests citing lact of facilities.

"The doctor told me to lie down and use his phone
torchlight to examine my private part and wrote a report
that although there was no trace of semen, the private
part had been tampered with."

It was gathered that the doctor claimed he could not
carry out test on the inner part of the v**ina because the
hospital did not have the facilities to carry out such test.
The victim's lawyer said a soldier called him at 8.25 pm on
Sunday informing him that the Army had commenced
court martial trial on the indicted soldier, but that the
student must appear to testify.

Reacting to the issue, Special Adviser to Governor Abiola
Ajimobi on Media, Dr. Festus Adedayo, quoted the
security outfit as saying it had recommended the suspect
for disciplinary measure for abandoning his duty post.
In a statement issued by the outfit's Second in Command,
CSP Elijah Bawa, "immediately the outfit was informed of
the allegation of r*pe against the said soldier, he
dispatched an investigation team to Eruwa.

"The team met with the Divisional Police Officer for the
Eruwa Division, DSP Kayode Adigun who disclosed that
the 23-year old Mass Communication student of the
school lodged a complaint with the command that she
had been defiled by the soldier who was also an
operative of the anti-crime outfit.

"The outfit's Second in Command and the DPO took the
complainant to the Eruwa General Hospital for medical
examination, the result of which they said proved
negative.

"The soldier will, however, be charged for abandoning his
duty post in the night without permission against
standing instructions in the Operation Burst's code of
conduct," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment